Cyclamen, my new favorite flower

I bought two cyclamen plants at Walmart way back in March when I could hardly wait for spring to arrive. If I remember correctly, they were only $3 each, so I couldn't be too disappointed when I started reading up on these plants and discovered they were early spring bloomers and would only bloom for a few weeks and then their season would be over. Thankfully, these beauties didn't get the memo! They bloomed all summer long in the morning sun/afternoon shade of the front porch, with a brief break in the heat of August. And then they went at it full-steam again. They apparently have mistaken these cooler days and even a couple of freezing nights for the advent of spring. We have a few more days of warm temps in the forecast, but before our next freeze, I'm going to repot these and bring them inside for the winter. And next year I'm buying a whole bunch of them! 
This anemic begonia (and a tiny cutting of coleus that survived the freeze) kind of took over the second cyclamen, but it's still beautiful and blooming in its corner of the pot.

No comments :